Wednesday, June 15, 2011

~ Tissue Pom Pom Love (Tutorial) ~

Ok, Ok...OK already!!!...I'll tell you.

If you know anything about me, then you know that I love unique party embellishments.

A staple for me are the tissue paper pom poms.

tissue pom poms bridal shower
~ Pom Love ~
If you dare, you can purchase them pre-made online or visit your local Michael's Martha Stewart craft section.

However, if you are a DIY'er like me, you can make these lil' cuties in any size, color or style.

I've done them for Kenzie's room, party embellishements, gift bag toppers, napkin rings, gift bows and so forth.

tissue paper pom poms
~ Intimate Weddings ~
Because I continue to get so many request of how to make these lil' guys from fellow DIY'ers, I decided I would share my secret.

Ok, I won't make you wait any longer.

I follow the Martha Stewart tutorial and adjust to the size and style.

You can find detailed directions here.

Below is a quick summary of how to do the mini flat version.



Below is one that I did recently as a gift bow for a wrapped gift. 
The key to the bow instead of the ball is to just keep one side flat and just separate in one direction.


~ Notes ~ 
1.You don't have to tie with wire.  You can used ribbon or anything else you choose to secure.
2. The smaller versions work great with 8 peices of tissue.  However, I choose to do more with the larger versions so they will be fuller.  I think it makes them prettier.

....and now you know.

Blessings,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...