Wednesday, July 20, 2011

~ K's Room Update - DIY Project #3 (Tissue Rosette Kissing Balls) ~

~ DIY Tissue Rosette (Kissing Balls) ~
inspired by The Idea Room




You may remember that over a year ago I sold both of my children's furniture and started to makeover their rooms.

Well, I work full time, so I can only dedicate a little bit of my time to special projects because I've vowed that my family will not suffer from my addiction. *wink*

Just in case you are curious, I haven't forgotten my son's room.  Stay tuned...

Recently, my projects have just been a little more girly.

Anyway, on to the good stuff.

I finished (sort of...shhh, the back side of the white ball isn't quite there) Project #3 for K's room.

I started this project with much enthusiasm after seeing the tutorial over at The Idea Room and knowing that it would fit perfectly on my daughter's night stand.

I copied followed Amy's directions exactly.  :-)

Needed:
Styrofoam ball - $4
Crape Tissue Paper Roll (aka: Streamers) - $1
Time - Priceless


Yes, my enthusiasum quickly turned into a project that progressed 5 flowers at a time.

I'd roll a few while K was snacking, 5 more when my husband had them outside, a few more with K helping and a few more whenever I could find a few spare minutes.

For the love of Texas Pete, THAT'S A LOT OF FLOWER ROLLING!!!


I stumbled upon a cheap clearanced tray and repurposed with none other than white spray paint.

The tray was $5 at a local store front, but it was black with a gold map on it.

Well, that's nothing a lil' paint wont fix, huh?

 

I'm so glad I stuck with it.

I LOVE THEM!!!

Take a look.





This entire project was $15 (more than most of my projects) including the flower stems.

Thank you Amy for sharing this tutorial on your site.

We love this additon to K's room.

Blessings,
Anna

************************************************************

If you should desire, you can follow the evolution of her room by clicking the links below


Here is a sneak peak at Project #4.

Inspired by a $1.99 find that I knew had not lived up to it's full potential in this life.

Stay tuned....


Until next time.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...