Thursday, July 14, 2011

~ Pink-ilicious Oreo Cake Pop Tutorial & DIY Shredded Paper Grass ~

Ok, after many request, I decided to put together an Oreo Cake Pop tutorial.

Let me go ahead and tell you that this isn't one of those fancy tutorials.

It's simple, with horrible photos.

I took the recipe photos at night (no natural light) with my iPhone instead of breaking out the Canon, so they are a bit lacking.

Oh well, you'll get the point.


~ Pink-ilicious Oreo Cake Pops ~ 



~ Ingredients ~
1 pkg. Oreo cookies
1 block cream cheese
1 pkg. candy melts, almond bark or semi-sweet chocolate
1 tbsp. Crisco

~ Optional Ingredients ~
Food Coloring
Sprinkles/Decor
4 or 6 inch Lollipop Sticks
Small bags & Ribbon


1 - Place Oreos in a food processor and blend to a soil like consistency

2 - Soften cream cheese and mix with Oreos 
(this will seem difficult and like it's not going to mix, keep mixing)



3 - Spoon or scoop mixture and roll in hands into balls 
(I used as scooper to ensure the size stayed the same)

4 - Place the cake balls on a platter as you roll



5 - Place cake balls in freezer for 20-30 minutes while you prepare the dipping mixture.



6 - Place the candy dipping ingredient of your choice and the Crisco into a bowl or double broiler pan for melting
(I used a double broiler because the dipping topping seems to stay at the perfect consistency for the entire process)

7 - Add food coloring of your choice
(I chose pink... inspired by my sweet lil' K)



8 - Remove cake balls from freezer

9 - Dip end of lollipop stick in melt and slide all the way in the cake ball without coming out the other end
(you don't have to do this step, but it is suppose to help the cake ball stay on the stick)



I repeated step 9 and did marshmallow pops too!!!


10 - Let the stick harden

11 - Dip the cake balls entirely into the mixture covering the entire cake ball

12 - Place upside down on a platter or place upright in a styrofoam block to dry




13 - Bag and tie with ribbon



You're FINISHED!!!


I chose to display in a keepsake box from my lil' girl's room along with last minute shredded paper.


~ DIY Shredded Paper Grass ~ 

Now, for the last minute very inexpensive shredded paper grass.

I needed something to cover the styrofoam in the box and Michael's is 15 minutes from my house.

What's a girl to do?

DIY IT!!!

Yes, you can purchase this at a local craft store for about $4 per bag.

Or you can make it yourself.


I found some leftover natural cream scrapbook paper and cut into strips.

Ideally, you would just run this through a shredder, but I don't have a shredder.

So,  you do what you have to do.

Then, you crunch and roll the paper into a ball.


I had a very talented helper for this task.  :-)



Then separate and fluff.


That was easy!!!

Hope you enjoyed!!!

Blessings,
Anna

4 comments:

  1. Love! I have not had a bit of luck with cake balls, mine always fall apart. We are going to try the oreo way this weekend, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Andrea! A lil' birdie told me that 2 steps (freezer & Crisco)are key to successful cake balls. I think the Oreo ones are easier and better than the baked cake kind. Anyway. Good luck! I would love to hear/see how they turned out.
    Blessings,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look really good! My daughter is getting married next spring and I'm thinking these would be fun for the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda,
    Thank you for stopping by Anna & Co. It's nice to "meet" you. Yes, these are great for all kinds of events. Blessings to you and your family and the upcoming wedding.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...