Thursday, August 18, 2011

DIY Project #4 - Frame Update



You may remember this photo from my last DIY post where I completed project #3 of K's room and gave a sneak peek of Project #4.

I found this frame for $1.99 and knew it's simplicity coupled with a little TLC would make for a great addition to K's nightstand.


This little beauty starting taking shape after a brief sanding and a couple coats of paint.

There was an oops on this project.  I dropped the frame and broke the glass.  *sad face*

I decided I would move forward and just see if it would still work.

Frame - $1.99
Ribbon - $1.00
Diamonds - $4.00
A quick design on the computer with one of my favorite "mothering" scriptures - FREE


Voila!!!


What do you think?

I think it turned out decent for $7.

I had horrible lighting for the photos, but thought I would share anyway.


I hope you enjoyed the review.

You can do it too!!!


Blessings,
Anna


This post was featured at


Tip Junkie handmade projects

8 comments:

  1. Thanks Vickie! I hope you are doing well today.
    Blessings, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is lovely! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine instyle@nycap.rr.comOctober 6, 2011 at 8:47 AM

    Nice job with the frame! Can you tell me where you found the diamond buckle? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's "voila" not "whala." Aside from that, this is adorable and you did a beautiful job! It looks like something from a pricey boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys for stopping by Anna & Co. I can't wait to browse your sites. Elaine - I purchased the buckle at Michaels. I would love to see your finished project if you do it. Laura, I knew it was Voila...I just was poking a little fun. I changed to ensure my humor wasn't missed by all. Thanks to all for your sweet comments. Super easy project to do if you want to tackle something small.
    Blessings,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beautiful. I love it. I love your blog. I'm your newest follower.
    Would love to see you DIY Home Sweet home.
    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    P.S. I have a linky every Monday. Would love for you to stop by and link up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jamie, thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love hearing from readers. I can't wait to check out DIY HSH. I will certainly check out your Monday linky. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...