Tuesday, August 23, 2011

~ SCRABBLE...anyone? ~

image via
At the risk of sounding cheesy and overly metaphoric, I'm just going to speak my heart this morning and what I'm feeling.
Do you ever feel like your life is like a SCRABBLE board with a toddler on the loose?

Meaning, just when you think you have it figured out and all your letters are lined up and you have a plan, your little one stumbles and puts end to well designed mission to win.

Sometimes, I think God just takes his finger and “flicks” my Scrabble pieces to remind me that I’m not in control and that I need to rely on Him for direction.

You know, the same way you let your little one wander off in the store all the while you have your eye on them, knowing when they realize they’ve excluded you from their path, they’ll call out for you and realize how much they want and need you.

Or as you are leaving the neighborhood and one of them forgets the seat belt and you tap the breaks to get them to slide out of their seat to have them realize you are once again right.

Ok, maybe that one is mean, but I’ve done it and it worked.

Things aren’t exactly how I planned lately.

Things aren’t exactly how I had pictured.

How do I process this?

Throw a tantrum, pout and point my finger at God?

When I pray, do I really mean it when I tell God that I want His plan for me?

Or am I selfishly praying?

God if you, then I…..

How do I arrive at a place of contentment in this life?

A place where I am happy being and doing the things that are designed for MY life.

We can easily fall into the trap of comparing our situation with others.

It can quickly breed into pouting and questioning God.

Is that where we want to be?... questioning God’s love for us?

We know he loves us, but somehow when everything doesn’t work out the way we had planned

we say but God, it’s me, your child…have you forgotten me?

Most likely, we have forgotten to include Him in our decisions.

Agree?

So, today I’m moving my Scrabble board up to higher ground where I know it’s protected.

God, here’s my Scrabble board.

I know the words that my human nature desires to spell out.

You know, the ones that we tend to desire and feel if we obtain we are successful in this life.

WEALTH

FAME

NOTERIETY

TRENDY THIS and TRENDY THAT

Place the letters where YOU would like.

Mold me like YOU

HUMBLE

SELFLESS

COMPASSIONATE

CONTENT

MERCIFULL

All the words that guarantee I’m a WINNER in the end and will one day see your face.

image via

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show my how to love like you
Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdom’s cause

I would love to hear from you and how this topic may be relative to your life.
 
Blessings,
Anna

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5

This post was shared with


4 comments:

  1. Thanks Anna for putting perspective on all our scattered Scrabble tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written, Anna. I'm going to give God my Scrabble pieces, too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry things are not going your way, Anna. I will be thinking of you and hoping you will gain some peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I really appreciate you stopping by to leave a comment.

    Holly, thanks for thinking of me. I need all the positive vibes I can get. Work is crazy lately and things seem to be a little upside down, but overall I am BLESSED. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...