Friday, September 16, 2011

{Mommy Moments} - A guest post from Heather



Meet Heather, a dear friend of mine.


  Heather is one of the funniest people I know.

If you want to laugh, constantly, you need to meet her.  In her raw form, she is hilarious.

While I'm not hilarious, I've always said the she and I were cut from the same cloth when made, simply because of the way we think.

Meet Gentry, Heather and Micah's miracle.


I'm so happy to have Heather as a guest today. 

This is what she had to say about her motherhood experience.

~ For this child I prayed ~

Wow, there is so much I could say about “Mommy-hood”, where to start?

To give a little bit of back ground on my journey to motherly bliss….I knew early on that I would most likely have problems conceiving, but it was always in the back of my mind and a moot point until the day came that my husband and I wanted to have children. In the spirit of full disclosure, I told Micah (my husband), all about my “issues” prior to marriage. He, being the kind of man he is, told me that he was marrying me for me and not for what I could give him in the form of children. Little did I know I would hear those words come from his mouth several times in our 13 year struggle to conceive?


Several surgeries, procedures, failed attempts, pills, shots and one ectopic pregnancy later……..I FINALLY had a two liner on my test strip. From the very minute that we realized that hey, we were going to be parents, this thing is real, there is a human in my body and growing, we were head over heels in love. I went on to have a very healthy pregnancy and a gorgeous 8.5 lb miracle baby boy named Gentry Jax. That’s when the real fun began.


Gentry is full of personality and speaks with his entire body. He is very dramatic and no, he didn’t get that from me at all! ;-) Since he is 2 now, I find myself with the constant battle of wanting my little 6 week old back, but at the same time he is at such a fun stage and everyday I see his personality blossom even more. So, what is a mother to do to indulge herself…I mix the two worlds. I started “pretending” that Gentry was a baby and taught him how to mock cry like a baby and now he thinks it’s hilarious. He likes for me to hold his sippy cup like a baby or hold him in the cradle position like a baby just to play around and goof off. The other night I got him out of the bath tub and wrapped him in his favorite lion towel, and he asked to be a “baby lion” so I played along. Like I often times do, I equate the precious, pure things that Gentry says or does to a Godly perspective. Like being a baby and feeling that comfort of your parents arms or that soft sweet nurturing voice when your child needs consoling…sometimes we as parents get so caught up in working, living, dreaming, housework and hobbies that we forget to just lean back, relax and just let the Lord rock us and cradle us and help us know that with Him, everything will be okay. He is in control. That is very hard for me to do, but with each day that passes, I learn more and more that I need His “cradling” to help guide me into being a Godly example and parent. I want to be the best example in front of Gentry that I can be so that he will have a firm foundation when it’s time for him to stand on his own two feet and live his life according to the Word.



In the early days of infertility issues, I learned to lean on a lot of scriptures such as,
“Be Strong and WAIT on the Lord” (Psalms 27:14). Trust me, 13 years felt like a lifetime to WAIT on what Micah and I longed for the most, but oh trust me, Gentry was so much more than worth the wait. I also clung to the phrase “great shall be your answer”. What I know for sure is that when God does it, He does it right! I can’t imagine having a child to raise other than Gentry. God paired the 3 of us up in a way that only He can. Although 13 years seemed to have crept by, the last 2 years have flown by. I often find myself trying to memorize every look, expression and sweet word uttered by Gentry. I want to capture and hold all those memories not only in my mind’s eye but also in my heart. I am a richly blessed woman!

For this child I prayed (1 Samuel 1:27) hangs as a small plaque in Gentry’s bedroom at my eye level because I never want to forget the power of prayer and faith and what a true miracle He entrusted me with.



Thank you, Anna, for the opportunity to share a little bit of my heart. I feel so honored to be asked to speak on your blog. You are a wonderful role model of what a mother should be and thanks for letting us “new comers” into parenthood glean that from you. Much love my dear friend!


Thank you Heather for taking a moment to share your mommy story with us.

It bitter sweet to watch our little ones grow up.

It's joyful to see the new and watch them discover, but with each passing moment you watch them develop into something so far from that newborn you once rocked.

So, it's so important to live in the now and cherish every moment, document it as much as you can, start traditions that your children can cling to and hold them until you can't anymore.

I remember praying with Heather for Gentry.

I was so glad when she told me the news and it was a day of rejoicing when I was able to visit this newly designed family at the birth of G'bug.

A perfect reminder that EVERYTHING is perfect in His time.



If you would like to contribute to the Mommy Moments series, please send me an email at annabledsoe@comcast.net or notify me via the Anna & Co. Facebook page.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Blessings,
Anna

6 comments:

  1. Mamas everywhere are crying! Love your beautiful post, Heather. And, yes, Campbell is 10 and I still ask to hold him like a baby. For now, sometimes he even lets me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a friend of Heather's and she shared with me about this "guest post". Heather, absolutely beautifully written. I praise the Lord for hearing your cry and for answering your deepest longings in a way that only He could. We love and miss you and your dear family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Heather. I thank God for your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Heather! We love you three very much!! Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Heather....this is right up your alley! You should blog often your stories are soooo funny!
    Thank you for sharing this with me!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys for sharing with Heather on her post. So happy Heather chose to guest blog with me. I hope you will visit the other post in this series. There are some good reminders and some relative motherhood material.
    Blessings,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...