Well, it’s my birthday and I’m old, simple as that. You know when your kids start saying “Mom, back when you…” that you are old. I still feel 21. I really do!
Instead of wallowing in depression, I thought it would be fun to list a few things my readers may not know about me.
So, here it goes…13 things that may or may not be moderately interesting or border on the edge of TMI.
1. I love to dance…seriously LOVE to dance!!! Nope, you won’t catch me with a hair brush as a microphone, because I’m not a dreamer singer…I’m a dreamer dancer.
2. I'm a designer wannabe. I day dream of being a full-time designer as my career and am certain this is what I should have studied.
3. Mint Chocolate is my favorite ice cream.
4. I own less than 100 pair of shoes and more than 50 with flip-flops weighting somewhat heavy in the extreme casual percentage of total.
5. I play with my ear when I’m concentrating and have been known to do the same with my wee ones lobes.
6. Once upon a time I ate 7 lemons… in one sitting because I love them so.
7. I’ve been wearing invisible braces for over a year now and will be in them until the summer of 2012.
8. I stare when I’m tired. So, if you catch me staring at you, it’s probably because I’m zoning out and not because I’m wondering how much you paid for that ridiculous sweater you are wearing.
9. I’ve never read the manual of my camera. I know, hypocritical of me since I proclaim to love the art of photography. Oh well, we all have our faults.
10. I fell out of a moving vehicle when I was 8 and was run over by a van (don’t panic, just my arm…still quite painful).
11. The organizational freak in me gets somewhat of a high on neatly folded crisp white towels.
12. I love sports. I really do. I love to throw football. I love swimming. I can shoot hoops. I played volleyball in high school. Don’t worry, I still weight heavily on the girly girl stuff.
13. I do three and a half minute lunging segments to Justin Timberlake’s “Sexy Back” clean version simply because it’s the perfect beat for a one billion lunges. My Zumba trainer introduced this perfect lunging rhythm in a recent Hip Hop class. Feel the burn!
Ok, now that you know some of my secrets, what are some of the quirky things that you do that no one knows. C’mon, this is fun!