Tuesday, November 8, 2011

~ The Me I Want To Be ~


via pinterest

I’ve been thinking and questioning a lot lately if I’m really doing or being what God designed for my life.

I’m currently reading the ibook sample of John Ortberg’s “The Me I Want To Be”.  I always read the samples before I purchase.  That gets back to the terrible curse of indecisiveness and knowing details before I take the plunge.  I'm fairly certain this one will end up in a purchase, because I’m relating so close to these writings.

In John’s words:
God did not create you to be anybody else.  He pre-wired your temperament. He determined your natural gifts and talents.  He made you to feel certain passions and desires.  He planned your body and mind.  Your uniqueness is God-designed.

Here’s the good news:  When you flourish, you become more you.  You become more that person God had in mind when he thought you up.  You don’t just become holi-er.  You become you-ier.

Flourishing means moving toward God’s best version of you.

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.You are not your handiwork; your life is not your project.  You life is God’s project.  God thought you up, and he knows what you were intended to be.


I can’t wait to ready the rest of this book.  This is exactly what has been dropped in my heart lately.  I truly believe that if you are outside of God’s plan for your life, it will NOT flourish. 

It was mentioned in a morning sermon recently at my church that if you pick up someone else’s bow that wasn’t fit/designed for your hand, then you most likely will be unsuccessful in your battle.  

So, my personal goal is to be who God created ME to be because I’m unique by design.  I was cut from a unique pattern and to try to change God’s intentions for my life would lead to failure.

The challenge: Be the best version of YOU…the you God created.

via tumblr
I think Einstein was on to something, the same could be said that if you live your whole life trying to be someone else, you'll live your whole life feeling failure because it's not what was designed for you.

“The righteous will flourish like a palm tree… they will flourish in the courts of our God.” 
Psalms 92:12-13

Blessings,
Anna

This post was shared with

2 comments:

  1. Anna, I've been down this path before. Who hasn't right? Last time I felt God calling me to do something about it and a friend of mine gave me these CDs to listen to. They changed my life. Maybe it was the right time or maybe it really was the message. I love them and would recommend them to anyone. He is Catholic (as am I) but there really isn't any reference to one particular religion. It's just overall motivation. Here is the link to his site, but I have the CDs if you'd like to borrow them and listen.

    http://www.matthewkelly.org/bookstore/living-every-day-with-passion-and-purpose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to borrow and listen! Thank you for taking the time to comment. I'm going to check out the link as well. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...