Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Encouragement | Super Mom or Super Exhausted?


{unknown}
Have you ever felt like this?

I sure hope you are nodding your head with an over exaggerated YES and I’m not the only one that feels like I’m on the hamster wheel 24 hours a day.

Are you SUPER MOM or SUPER EXHAUSTED?

Do you ever feel like you are circling the drain?

If you haven’t felt like this from time to time, I need to have lunch with you.

Lately, I’m exhausted.  Being a full-time working mother of two is hard work.  Being a joyful serving wife is hard work.  Being a good friend takes effort…not to mention time. 

How many hats do you where?

Do you ever get weary, exhausted or just need a stinkin’ break?

I do!

Don’t get me wrong, I’m blessed and have absolutely no place to complain, unless you want to count time.  I really need more time.  I feel like I chase it day in and day out.

Or am I just getting this whole thing wrong?

Do you ever question your placement?

Your agenda?

Am I getting this right?

Why does it look like others have it together and things are seamless and I’m spinning my wheels?

Do you ever disgust yourself when these thoughts creep in?

Thoughts with a hint of pity.

I’m glad there is grace for a girl like me.

Grace for the one that is just flying by the seat of her pants hoping to get this mom, wife, friend, employee, daughter, sister, volunteer and Christian thing right.

Sufficient  grace, just for me...and you.

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”  "Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” 
2 Corinthians 12:9

Blessings,
Anna


This post was shared with


2 comments:

  1. Anna - I completely feel the same way - and I think most readers would agree we all have at some point in our lives ... I'm the worlds worst at "saying no" which just ads more and more to my already busy agenda! It's funny you mentioned some of the things you did today in regards to "others" and their "have it together, seamless lives" ... I'm doing a study right now to speak about at some point that addresses this very thing! Very thought provoking post! Cheers to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy, thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I too have a very hard time saying "no". I hope you can find time to write about your findings from your study. Would love to hear your perspective.
      Blessings, Anna

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...