Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Me & My Gang | Fashion Cents

The shoes…you know the ones that were a little snug, but you wore them anyway because they made you feel on top of the world?

The ones that maybe slipped, but you put tissue in the toes because you loved them so?

The ones that you just knew your piggies would peek so nicely and you were willing to spend the extra $$ because they were perfect?

The ones that were on sale and you already had a skirt to match them at home?

Yeah, those shoes!

K and I found ourselves with about an hour to spare recently and we stopped by a local thrift shop.  

Not sure if you know it or not, but I’m a thrift junkie.  I love finding hunky junky frames and refinishing or old discarded milk glass and iron stone.

I had just made a deal with K that she could look, but the purchase couldn’t exceed a few dollars…the typical pre-store mommy conversation.

During our visit, a bright sea blue color was spotted out of the corner of my eye and I saw these.


I did what any mother would do and I kept intentionally pushing the cart in the direction of the frames.

Then I heard it…”mommy wait, I see something!”   I knew it!!!  

No shoe like that is going to get past any princess loving shoe freak 4 year old.

So, we checked them out.  Guess what?  They were only $2.  My lucky day, right?  
*insert rolling eyes here...I'm not a huge fan of character clothing*

I kept trying to think of a good reason why she couldn’t have them and kept coming up empty handed.

I said “K, they are too big for you”…she said “I don’t care mommy…look at them, they are so pretty!”

“Yeah...yeah, they are” I said. 

“Can I have them?"  "Oh please mommy, I love them!”

So, I put them in the cart thinking surely she’ll forget about them once she sees something else she likes.  Surely something would trump these?

30 minutes later we left WITH them…all $2 worth of them.

I typically don’t buy shoes while junking for the same reason I don’t buy bed sheets, but these were jellies.

She messed with them the entire way home, turning her foot and staring at them.


You can relate, right?  If you’re a girl, you’ve been there and you know the feeling.

I’m hoping as she gets older somehow our fashion sense gap will close a little and we’ll meet a little more in the middle.  

Yeah, I’m dreaming, huh?

I guess when it’s all said and done, $2 is a small price to pay for happiness that comes in the form of 2 sizes too big, sea blue, glitter filled princess of the sea jellies.

I love you K Grace and all your sweet girliness!!!

Blessings,
Anna

2 comments:

  1. Well, of course, they're absolutely perfect! Sweet, sweet story!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...