Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Simple Things {5.20.12} | Tea & Crumpets

Do you ever get captivated in child's play?


Today, K and I were feeling a bit under the weather with sore throat and all that accompanies it.

The boys went ahead with the normal church schedule and K and I stayed in our jammies all day.

Not the usual, but nice.

Nice to slow down and just be.

I wish you could have heard the sweet conversation that occurred during this setting. 

She has the sweetest little cafe personality including a fake British accent coupled with a little southern hospitality.

She said "everything is free in my shoppe".

That's my kind of sweet shoppe!

While not the entrepreneur, she's the perfect host, baking up yummy goodness and serving tea and crumpets along with captivating conversation.


Watching her reminds me that my job as her mother is greater than any other I have.

It's amazing to me that she is already developing homemaking skills and the natural instinct is already there to love her doll babies.

Talk about an opportunity!  

The opportunity is there for all of us, we just have to accept the challenge.

So, the next time you are invited for tea and crumpets, I urge you to willingly accept.



May God grant me the wisdom to teach her to be meek, kind, trustworthy, thankful, loving and all things Christ like.

Let "her" touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let "her" not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work.
~ Mother Teresa ~

Blessings,
Anna


This post featured at

Other shares:

11 comments:

  1. Loved this! More than wonderful! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by R. Batson!!! I love hearing from readers. Blessings to you, Anna

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful post! I love playing kitchen with my niece, gotta love that bonding time. :) It sounds like you're doing a great job with your daughter so far. Also making wonderful memories along the way to raising her up to be a Christ like young lady. ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet words and encouragement Jamie. She is a jewel and I love spending time with her. Some days it's rough when you've eating 400 crumpets and enjoyed a million cups of tea, but I try to remind myself that these moments will pass so quickly and I'll wish for them back. Thanks for taking of your time to comment here. I enjoy hearing from you. Blessings, Anna

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed your photos and reading your post. I love how photographs can capture moments and trigger memories, thoughts, and feelings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've pointed out exactly why I blog, document and journal craftinggirl! I know moments pass and you can't get them back, but somehow photographs bring back all that you mentioned and somehow the moment is relived. Thank you so much for stopping by. I can't wait to check your "place" out. Blessings, Anna

      Delete
  4. so beautiful Anna...your photos, your daughter and your words. thank you for sharing with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you rebecca and a humble thanks for the spot light on your blog this week...such a treat. blessings to you, anna

      Delete
  5. This is so sweet! I just stumbled across this blog..it's nice to come across other Christian mommy's online :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to add..I'm a new follower :)

      Delete
  6. Holly, I agree. I get so much strength from reading other blogs of other moms going through exactly what I'm going through. Welcome! I hope you find daily strength here for this crazy life we live and maybe a chuckle every now and then. I'm so delighted to have you. I can't wait to check out "My Life, as a Mommy & Wife".
    Blessings,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...